Standard Deviance One, a collaboration between Nate Young (Wolf Eyes) and Mario Diaz de Leon (CMC-alum and Adjunct Professor of Music Humanities), based on material from the albums “Blinding Confusion” and “Stay Asleep” by Young’s Regression project. Over five movements, the work explores Young’s masterful sense of atmosphere and lucid dread, arranged and expanded for an ensemble of eight musicians.
This event is co-presented by Issue Project Room.
- Annea Lockwood: Immersion (1998)
- Klaus Lang: the whitebearded man. the six frogs. (2008) Performed by Yarn/Wire.
- Morton Feldman: Principal Sound (1980) Performed by James Rushford.
- Klaus Lang: ABD Performed by Klaus Lang.
- Nate Young & Mario Diaz de Leon: Standard Deviance One (2015)
- Performed by Chris McIntyre (trombone), James Rogers (bass trombone), James Rushford (viola), Maya Dunietz (piano), Yarn/Wire (percussion), Nate Young (electronics/voice), Mario Diaz de Leon (guitar).
- *Newly commissioned for Tectonics Festival NY, by Nate Young, realized for ensemble by Mario Diaz de Leon.
For more information, please visit: