Ensemble Pamplemousse presents: Escaped Fragments, 5 works revel in acoustic detritus- bursts of glitchy theatrical noisy copycat coupled with silent mimicry.
Ensemble Pamplemousse presents new and recent works for ensemble by Pamplemoussians David Broome, Natacha Diels, and Jessie Marino, alongside works by Joanna Baillie and Øyvind Torvund. Drawing the listener in with strange and disparate sound materials drawn from noisy everyday life, these works fashion soundscapes from a collage of found and repurposed objects, field recordings, electronics, tape, and instruments. They satisfy with traditional notions of beauty and excite with crackles of theatrics and curious perspectives. Staying true to the ensemble’s mission of experimentation within music to the fullest, each piece will be unique, exciting, and truly Pamplemoussian.
- Øyvind Torvund : Willibald Motor Landscape for clarinet, cello, guitar, keyboard, and percussion
- Dave Broome : Ominousty for keyboard
- Joanna Bailie : Artificial Environments #1-5 for cl, vln, vla, perc, tape
- Jessie Marino : New York 1ne for pianist, percussionist, audio-visual director, and two assistants
- Natacha Diels : Second Nightmare, for KIKU for violin and two assistants
For more information, please visit: